Are these really Stevenson’s new Rome Gloves? Did Maverik really go there? All signs point to yes. And all we have to say is WOW.
We all knew it was only a matter of time before some high profile college lacrosse team went completely off the rez with their glove or helmet designs, and I’m pretty sure we have a VERY clear winner. Stevenson University takes the cake right now with their new gloves from Maverik, and everyone is going to have a HARD time catching up to the Mustangs. Let me count the ways:
1) They have a totally custom print on their gloves for 2012.
2) That print has NOTHING to do with their school’s color scheme.
3) The print colors DO however have a lot to do with the school in question, so it works. Stevenson is a MD State School. Boom.
4) They went big AND small. The print is tightly done, but it is EVERYWHERE. Saturation of detail definitely made me look thrice.
5) They out Maryland’d a big time D1 program in, you guessed it, the University of Maryland. Turtle shell is certainly cool, but nothing says pride like the state flag.
6) It allows for Stevenson to do crazy helmets, shorts or jerseys with a Maryland theme later in the year.
7) This is a HUGE step up from Camo.
Oh, you want to see the gloves? Ok.
I feel like I’m taking crazy pills.
We can only hope that this is just the beginning of adventurous designs. Some will certainly fall flat, but others, like Stevenson’s glove, have tons of potential. We can only wait to see what 412 will say…
Thanks to Stevenson for posting these onto the Twitterverse! The Mustangs are definitely worth the follow.